Yay or Nay: Ocean's 8

My mom wanted to watch this one, and she seems to have very good taste, because I loved watching this one!

Summary
Danny Ocean's younger sister Debbie attempts to pull off the heist of the century at New York City's star-studded annual Met Gala. Her first stop is to assemble the perfect crew: Lou, Rose, Daphne Kluger, Nine Ball, Tammy, Amita, and Constance.


My thoughts




Clever.
Fun.
Entertaining.

These three words are enough to describe my thoughts on this film precisely. It is a perfect fast-paced way to stay entertained on a movie night and appreciate some excellent female actresses. 

I appreciate heist stories for the complexity and cleverness of the heist plans that the characters have to come up with in order to steal their target. This film definitely delivered in that regard. I love how they came up with their plan to steal the necklace at the Met Ball (also, how fucking ridiculous is it to put 6 pounds of diamonds worth 150 million on a necklace and then hide it in a vault? This sort of riches disgust me. Diamonds are so overpriced). Anyway, every member of their crew was unique and talented in their own way and brought a piece of expertise that would help them realize the goal of their heist. 

They showed the power that women can have when they group their strengths together, instead of just sitting around and judging each other. I mean, perhaps crime is not the most ethical way to demonstrate girl power, but you know what I mean lol. 

And that's it! I recommend this film to everyone and i hope you enjoy! 

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 Stars

Comments

Popular Posts