Yay or Nay: My Forged Wedding (Otome)


Oh aren't those the words to make me go what the ever-loving hell is this all about? 


Well, I'll get right into it then, so I'm bored out of my mind and I wanted to get some good, new, otome from Voltage that was not Love Choice material and I knew from memory that a lot of people enjoyed the game My Forged Wedding so I decided to give it a download and purchased the routes of Takao Maruyama and Yamato Kougami-- who's route we'll be reviewing today. 

So without further ado, let's get into it! 

The Story 

So, in this game, you play as an MC who's fresh out of college and is going to visit her "not real uncle", but Uncle (who I bet totally has a playable route in this game) Kuni. He owns a bar and a million-dollar company. Evidently, he's filthy rich. And, if you promise to help one of his many friends (the Love Interests of the game), by being their "fake fiance" to help them get out of whatever situation they're in (this varies from route to route), he'll guarantee you a job. 

So yeah it's a cute real-life drama. Nothing too extreme or crazy but I think the cute comes from the characters, more than the story itself. 

My Thoughts 

So having played Yamato's story in full and now about a quarter to halfway through Takao's route I can make some informed comparisons. Namely, that the game's enjoyment factor depends highly on the character you choose. Yamato is adorable-- his story and dynamic with the MC both the kind of story that is a slice of life mixed with a drama that still makes room for a steady progression of a relationship that is not only a learned between Yamato/MC but believable. And that's a positive because I was very much into that. 

I could see why they were a good, compatible, and sweet couple (whereas with the beginning of Takao's route I feel like MC wants to continuously get away from him). Yamato is cute, calls Roombas as if they were dogs (which was freaking adorable and I loved). He isn't too cocky to the point of being dislikeable and is fun to read about. Unfortunately, not all the characters are like this and the stories can get quite boring at times. I found myself just wanting to get to the end of some of the chapters out of sheer boredom. I never wanted to DNF a game or story, but I got very close to doing just that during some of these routes. 

But I did end up leaving the routes for extended periods of time, as this review was supposed to be up about a month ago, but I could never get to the end of the stories. This could be because of the genre that My Forged Wedding takes place in, as it's not my type. Regardless, I felt the hype that the game was brought up to be was not what I received. I felt the game was okay, but like, mediocre at best. But if you really find the genre to be up your alley, then I would recommend Yamato's route as I had the most fun with his. 


My Rating 

So yeah, I think my thoughts are pretty much said on this game. I'd recommend Yamato's route for sure, and I've also heard some interesting things about Kuni's route which may be worth checking out. But as I've said, this game is fine, nothing too special or overly worth the hype.

My Rating: ⭐⭐⭐1/2 


~Meghan 



Comments

Popular Posts