What Olga's been watching lately : Mini-reviews (Olga)

I haven't done much reviewing lately (scratch that, I haven't done any at all!) so to remedy this, I thought that I'd write a post catching you up on some things that I have watched recently and what I thought about them. So let the round of mini reviews begin!



1. Aquaman
In my greatest dreams, Jason Momoa is my soulmate. So no one should be surprised that I freaking loved this. But other than Arthur's sexy biceps, the visual effects and dialogues were bomb, I would highly recommend this.



2. You
Creepy show with creepy Penn Badgley. That dude is literally the most awkward, cringey, weird person to ever appear on the small screen. He was unsettling enough to watch him play Dan Humphrey on Gossip Girl, which made him perfect for the role of an obsessive stalker here. This show is impressive in terms of quality of the writing and acting, and also comments on themes of insecurity, domestic abuse, and lack of privacy on social media. It gets very suspenseful at times too! I highly recommend this.

And I just realized that both of my mini-reviews so far, discussed male actors and for some reason I feel like I'm failing the Bechdel test.




3. Yes Man
If you motivation or inspiration to start living a better life, this is a great movie to watch. It's all about Jim Carrey being a complete loser and killjoy until he attends a conference after which he decides to say "Yes!" to everything! And as one can expect, he encounters many adventures afterwards. It's funny and full of heart.



4. 1983
Poland's first Netflix original!!! Me and my parents started watching it recently and it's riveting. It's set in the alternate historical setting of what would have happened if Soviet Union has not disbanded. The story revolves around a government conspiracy involving a counterintelligence agent and a law student and a terrorism plot. A lot goes on and the show's so dark that it's hard to watch, but I have to know what happens!


That's all for today friends! What have you been watching lately?
~ Olga

Comments

Popular Posts