May Favourites



Springtime is here! You know what this means??? Allergies, school for Olga, and summer job for Meghan! Awesome right!?

Meghan: I hate my summer job. But I graduate in 3 weeks, WITH DISTINCTION!!!

So on that positive note, here are our favourites from the month:

Olga's Faves

1. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck: Lit as fuck!!! Everyone needs to read this book. Nothing but freaking wisdom, I feel like it's gonna change my life. GO FUCKING READ IT


2. Crossfit: Like a true masochist, I wanted to feel like I was dying after every workout and still remain happy and energized after. This did it... #burpeesoverbaranyone? #boxjumpthenhideinabox
The friendly atmosphere is so amazing also!

Meghan: Basically she box jumps in a studio. I could get her a box to do that. :P but she's now my fitness coach (unofficially), and she's helping me develop a core, toning, and cardio workout routine.
Olga: And I enjoy making her workout schedules :-p

3. Barbecue Crockpot Chicken: Chicken + BBQ sauce + crockpot and you get the easiest yummiest dinner ever. I eat it all the time now, and Meghan must be salivating in the corner wanting some :-p

4. Infinity War: MINDFUCK CRAZINESS
Meghan: Unpopular opinion: Did not like it.

5. Free!: This was so fun and light to watch :-)



Meghan: Ah man Free is great :P 


6. Thirteen Reasons Why Season 2: Just started to watch and it's quite intense! Wasn't sure how it was gonna be considering how the main storyline kind of ended in Season.



Meghan: I have the novel if you wanna borrow
Olga: Thanks girl! I have it too though, read it like back in Grade 9.

Meghan's Favourites

1. Yuri!! On Ice: THIS GODDAMN SHOW MADE ME CRY. Watch this show, please. I love it so much and I ship Victor and Yuri so hard. Also, I discovered I'm Yurio. Through and through this show is amazing. The OST is so beautiful, and one of my favourite things about this anime.
Olga: I MADE HER WATCH THIS!!!! IT'S MY FAVOURITE ANIME EVER!!! I COSPLAYED AS YURIO LAST WEEKEND EVEN!!! WATCH THIS SHOW!!!

2. Anime North: Technically this hasn't happened yet as I write this. But Olga and I are going to Canada's largest anime event. IM GOING TO MEET J. MICHAEL TATUM AND ERIC VALE (two of my favourite voice actors)
Olga: IT HAPPENED AS I WRITE THIS AND IT WAS THE BEST DAY EVER!!! (with the exception of Eric Vale's assistant who was a huge bitch)

3. Grace and Frankie: It was only recently I started watching this show, but it's really good. It's a Netflix original series that focuses on two retiring wives' lives when their husbands leave them to be with one another. I think it's funny, heartbreaking, and deals with some real stuff. 


4. Fitness Blender: If you wanna start doing core training, cardio, and find some great healthy recipes and ways to work out this is a great start. I usually do their workouts after my runs, and I'm trying to tone up for the summer. There's also some good foodstuff and a blog on healthy living. Rather than immediately searching for a workout program, this is cheap, easy, and very helpful!

You can access it here

5. The GazettE: I recently got back into my J-rock music. This band is really good, and I believe they have a new album coming out! 


6. Fodor's "Japan":  My dad got me this book to read up on our upcoming trip to Japan, and I gotta say I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to go there. It was very informative, organized and has some good stuff in it! 


7. Graduating with Distinction: For those of you outside of Canada, this means that you can graduate university with high honours on the "Dean's List". I wasn't expecting this, but I was so happy to find out that I was getting it! 
Olga: Very proud of you girl! Go forth and achieve much in life!!! (Meghan's actually a published author already FYI)

8. Olga, being a badass on Instagram: Won't get into too much detail on this, but basically, Olga stood up against a person that we didn't really agree with and stood her ground when provoked online. We don't advise getting into disagreements or fights by any means, but I am super proud of her in this case.
Olga: I call bullshit when I see it. It's extremely disturbing when Instagram influencers take advantage of people to sell products do they can make commissions. 

9. The SNL Royal Wedding Sketch: I died at this. It's so funny in its own way. Although it's hard to find online right now, I'll link the best one down below. Seriously. Check it out. It's actually really good. 


10. Yoko Kanno: This is a Japanese composer who does a lot of medlies and OSTs for various anime. One song that I really love that she did for one of my favourite anime: Darker than Black is In No Piano which you should definitely listen to if you like good OSTs and soft and dark piano pieces. This woman is a genius. 




What were your favourites this month?

~ Olga and Meghan


Comments

Popular Posts