9 Tips for Living Your Happiest Life


Normally we talk about fun stuff here. But today we get serious and share with you, some of our learnings that may help you out :-)

  1. Time is a bitch, but like all things, it will pass: Sometimes when I don't want to be in a certain situation, I remind myself that time is fallible, and like everything else in my life, it will come and go.
  2. Make sure you have a great support network: Some of my toughest times have been going on this year. I wouldn't have made it through them if it weren't for my family, and some great friends, like Olga! I'm so happy to have someone like her in my life, as well as the numerous others who play a large role!
  3. When you think you can't, just fucking do it: You've got nothing to lose trying to improve your life. Being scared and complacent is not the way to go. If you feel stuck in your life, and you want it to change, you will have to change something in your daily routine to make it so. And don't dwell on how impossible it may seem, just take it one step at a time and do something small to start. Eventually, all the small things will add up. So stop being a fucking pussy
  4. More work doesn't mean the result will be better: I see people, particularly my fellow students, staying up all night staring at their papers making minimal changes to it because they never feel like it's good enough. This annoys me because I am too familiar with the law of diminishing marginal returns. In a nutshell, it means that with each extra unit of effort, you receive less benefit from it. Meaning that after putting in a certain amount of effort, you have to stop and focus on other things, because the extra benefit of say, staying up all night will not do you much favor, and it will make you ignore other important things. Have balance always. 
  5. Don't worry what people think, they probably don't give a shit about you: While everyone has a few people in their life they care about, the one they spent the most time with is their own selves. Meaning that we are all fairly selfish to a degree. So being self-conscious my lovelies is not worth it. Do you, because you're the one your own well-being concerns most.
  6. It really is the little things in Life: Little details, like fresh laundry, or the silence at 3 am, is truly the "little things" that make life worth it. So go ahead, pretend you're in a music video while listening to your iPod. Go look at the stars until dawn! Do what you want to do! 
  7. Give yourself at least one day out of the week: For yourself. To relax, and focus on you. We focus so much on our day-to-day lives, jobs, and school, that we rarely think of ourselves. One day out of the week will help you focus on your priorities.  
  8. Try to understand how others are feeling and what they're experiencing: This is a very hard one for me. I expect others to be understanding of my shit, but tend to want to tell others to suck it up with their shit. In any case, I'm trying to work on that. But basically, realize that everyone has problems and insecurities, and you're not the only one who has it shitty sometimes. Although I wish we could all just be happy and have parties.

9. To reach your ultimate goal, you'll need to suffer sometimes. The key is, that this discomfort will be something you can handle, and it will be worth the latter reward. 

Please comment with any life tips you have! We would love to hear them :-)

~Olga and Meghan

Comments

Popular Posts