What Olga's Been Watching: Chick Flicks, AVENGERS!!!, and Swedish "Thrillers"


Hey Friends! How are you all enjoying spring? I can't say I'm enjoying the spring cause it's still so fucking here in Canada that it feels like March and not May. But that's what I get for living in Canada, am I right?
Anyways, I started working a new job a few weeks ago and so a lot of my time got consumed by that. And then I found a better job so now I'm getting onboarded there. It's been quite a few weeks for me lol. But I still have some cool titles that I'd love to tell y'all about!

The Perfect Date


  • It's all about Noah Centineo once again pretending to be someone he's not and SPOILER ALERT then getting with a girl at the end of the movie. I don't need to explain the plot that much, cause after watching this movie for a few minutes you will all know exactly where it's going, so the spoiler I revealed isn't really even a spoiler.
  • While this movie was cheesey and predictable AF and it was all about stupid teenagers who don't know shit about life, I still genuinely enjoyed watching this. REFRAIN FROM THE JUDGEMENT PLEASE. I guess the actors were charismatic enough to pull off characters that are pleasant to watch and cheer for. And a stupid chick flick is what a girl needs sometimes.

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Stars

Avengers: End Game



  • Who hasn't watched this lol? I've been waiting for this since the craziness of Infinity War last year and holy shit it didn't disappoint at all!!!
  • I was quite broken-hearted at several things that occurred, but I still think that they did them justice. The jokes and special effects were lit af. But I was also left quite confused about many things. Like I feel like Marvel could have set themselves up for some big plot holes in the future titles in the franchise. But hopefully they will deal with those seamlessly.
  • There's not much else I can say without going into in depth spoilery discussions, but if you're not into Marvel yet, then what the fuck is wrong with you?

⭐⭐⭐⭐✨ Stars

Quicksand



  • This is a Swedish crime thriller type of miniseries, and I checked it out cause it seemed quite intriguing from the trailer. It's all about a teenage girl who got falsely accused of instigating a school shooting. The show explores what actually happened and the underlying back story.
  • Well, this show is supposed to be a thriller but it did not thrill me at all. IT WAS SO SLOW MOVING AND HALF THE SCENES WERE ABOUT NOTHING! The characters were so irritating too. I don't think there's a single one I didn't hate. Maybe the little sister. Maybe.
  • They also didn't explain the ending at all! They just created a resolution but didn't say how or why it came about!!! I hate endings with no explanations!
  • The only redeeming part in the movie that I actually really liked was the scene with an economics discussion in their school. That was fascinating. But only weird nerds like me would appreciate this.

⭐⭐ Stars


Did you see any of these? Do you have any recommendations for us? Please comment your thoughts down below!

~Olga

Comments

Popular Posts